Who is covered
Galene Water Treatment AND ITS SUPPLIERS, (herein collectively referred to as “Manufacturer”) warrants to the owner of the home where the water filter is initially installed (hereinafter “Owner”). The warranty is restricted to the water filter used in a single-family residence in the United States of America and is void if moved from the original installation location.
What is covered
This Warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship during the limited warranty period of your Galene Water Treatment Whole House Filtration System including sub-components purchased with original system (may or may not include pre-filter, post-filter, and fittings), except as provided below. The water filter is warranted only when it is installed, operated and maintained in accordance with the instructions accompanying the water filter found on www.Galenewt.com by a licensed professional. A water filter should be installed in such a manner that, if the tank or any connection thereto should leak, the resulting flow of water will not cause damage to the area in which it is installed. For detailed instructions read the manual accompanying the water filter and review drawings in the manual.
For how long
This warranty runs for months specified in chart below from the date of purchase by a consumer (hereinafter “Warranty Period”). No warranty coverage will be provided if the claimant is unable to provide proof of purchase. Water conditions and use rates may limit the functional lifespan of your filter. This Limited Warranty does not extend to the full estimated life span of the filter.
What Galene Water Treatment will do
1. If necessary, the Manufacturer will provide a replacement that fulfills the remaining estimated lifespan/capacity (see chart) of your original purchase and send it to you with installation instructions. If industry standards, product improvements or product obsolescence prohibit Manufacturer from furnishing an identical model replacement water filter under this warranty, the Owner will be furnished with a new water filter of comparable remaining capacity and functionality; however, the Owner will be charged for the additional value of the item(s) which Manufacturer has incorporated in the replacement water filter.
2. Component Part – If any component part proves to Manufacturer’s satisfaction to be defective in material or workmanship within the warranty period listed on the data plate label, the Manufacturer will furnish the Owner with a replacement for the defective part(s).
3. Return of Defective Water Filter and Component Parts – Manufacturer reserves the right to examine the alleged defect in the water filter or component part(s), and it will be the Owner’s obligation to return the water filter and/or component part(s) to the Manufacturer at the Manufacturers request.
a. When returning a water filter, it must include all component parts.
b. When returning component part(s), they must be individually tagged and identified with the water filter’s model number, date of purchase, and date of installation.
What is not covered
1. This warranty does not cover filter cartridges and any systems that were not installed in compliance with the instructions or that have been abused or operated incorrectly.
2. The Limited Warranty stated herein is in lieu of any and all warranties, express or implied (whether written or oral), including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
3. Manufacturer shall not be liable for any incidental, consequential, special, or contingent damages or expenses, arising, directly or indirectly, from any defect in the water filter or the use of the water filter.
4. Manufacturer shall not be liable for any water damage arising, directly or indirectly, from any defect in the water filter or component part(s) or from its use.
5. Manufacturer shall not be liable for any damage or product failures caused by any of the following:
• The water filter or any of its component parts have been subject to misuse, alteration, neglect or accident.
• The water filter has not been installed in accordance with the applicable local plumbing and/or building code(s) and/or regulations or in their absence.
• The water filter is not installed, operated and maintained in accordance with the printed Manufacturer’s instructions, including if the water filter has any additional aftermarket equipment introduced into the sealed system not approved by the manufacturer.
• The water filter is exposed to highly corrosive conditions.
• The water filter is not continuously supplied with potable water.
• The water filter is not operated within the factory calibrated temperature limits.
• The water filter is removed from its original installation location.
• The water filter is installed in direct sunlight or exposed to freezing temperatures.
• The water filter or any of its component parts fail due to iron or sediment build-up.• Clogging due to purchaser’s failure to replace the Pre-Filter cartridge.
• Damage caused by fire, flood or acts of God.
• Damage caused by over-pressurization in the water line.
6. This warranty does not cover damage caused by the use of parts that are not genuine Galene Water Treatment parts. This includes, but is not limited to replacement filters, faucets, and/or diverter valves.
7. Except when specifically prohibited by the applicable state law, the Owner, and not the Manufacturer, shall be liable for and shall pay for all charges for labor or other expenses incurred in the removal, repair or replacement of the water filter or any component part(s) claimed to be defective or any expense incurred to remedy any defect in the product. Such charges may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
a. All freight, shipping, handling and delivery costs of forwarding a new water filter or replacement part(s) to the owner.
b. All costs necessary or incidental in removing the defective water filter or component part(s) and installing a new water filter or component part(s).
c. Any material required to complete, and/or permits required for, installation of a new water filter or replacement part(s), and
d. All costs necessary or incidental in returning the water filter or component part(s) to a location designated by the manufacturer.
How to get service
To receive service under this Warranty, you must contact Galene Water Treatment @ 1-844-942-5363 or [email protected] within the Warranty Period to describe the problem to a customer service representative who will verify that the product is under warranty and determine whether a part or the system will be replaced and whether you must send back the unit. You will be required to provide proof of purchase and proof of proper installation